1. Have you come to the conclusion that your parents music (music popular in their time) isn't so bad?
It's so much better than what's on the market these days, if you ask me. I've lived through the oldie-revival phase in the 90s and I still dig 60s and 70s music.
2. Is there a song/group/singer you once adored, but don't now?
Pet Shop Boys. I loved them - until I saw and most importantly heared a concert-recording on MTV. Obviously Neil Tennant sings just as badly as I do, so the music was only good because of some genius of studio-tech. I might be a fan of him, but no longer of PSB.
3. Is there a song/group/singer you once despised, but is okay now?
Hm. Probably a song or two. Some songs grow on you once you've heard them a couple of times, but I can't think of a specific song right now. Groups or singers usually don't change their style though, so if I don't like their kind of music, chances are high it's going to stay that way and I usually just don't bother with them any further.
4. Have you ever heard a favorite song and suddenly had a reinterpretation its meaning?
While I try to catch the lyrics of songs, I've already despised text-interpretation in school, so I don't do it voluntarily with songs. I often have "aha" moments when I finally understand the words of the lyrics that I misunderstood for years. Suddenly lyrics make sense, but that's just a matter of pronunciation and understandability of the words, not interpretation.
5. What song would you just as soon never hear again?
Oh, there are a couple. This weird Alalalalalong song (was a huge summer hit some years back) is one of them. Also "Ein Stern, der Deinen Namen trägt". Yes, there are a couple of songs that fit this criteria. I always turn off the sound when they come up on the radio.
1) Binge watched all available episodes of Blood Drive. Fat Elvis and Clown Dick, we hardly knew you. Rib Bone, cause you got a cute little doggie that needs caring for, I'm not counting you out yet. Aki and Julian, will you marry me?
2) Prime Day was a bust for me. The dream router I wanted never happened. I consoled myself with a 10lb bag of diatomaceous earth and a discounted for the day Criterion Collection dvd of Grey Gardens.
3) Wynonna Earp second season keeps getting better and better!
4) Read The Missing Ones: An absolutely
5) With American Gods done, canceled Starz monthly subscription and got one to Shudder.
6) Got Princess Jellyfish 5 yesterday.
7) Congratulations, 13th Doctor. Who writers, DON'T screw this up.
8) RIP George Romero and Martin Landau :(
9) Third season of Rick and Morty on July 30th.
10) Wubba Lubba Dub-Dub!